link to Home Page

Re: Zacharia Sitchin

Article: <6hagtt$p38@dfw-ixnews11.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Zacharia Sitchin
Date: 18 Apr 1998 15:30:05 GMT

In article <1998041805104900.BAA17538@ladder03.news.aol.com> Randomity
writes:
> Could someone please present me with a cogent argument either
> in support of or against the concept of a 12th planet with a 3,600
> year elliptical orbit.

The second best argument is in the written and oral history of cultures
around the world, evidence that they have EXPERIENCED such periodic
upheavals, in 3,600 periods, approximately.  Velikovsky has collected
and presented many of these in his book Worlds in Collision.  Where
many attack the messenger, throwing all Velikovsky's insights out when
fault can be found with anything he said, these written records he
quotes were NOT done by him, and stand on their own merits.  For
instance:

Excerpts from Worlds in Collision, by Velikovsky, pp 51-53, The Hail of
Stones ... follow

Following the red dust, a small dust, like ashes of the furnace fell in
all the land of Egypt (Exodus 9:18), and then a shower of meteorites
flew toward the earth.  We are informed by Midrashic and Talmudic
sources that the stones which fell on Egypt were hot.  Ipuwer wrote:
"Trees are destroyed.  No fruits, no herbs are found.  Grain has
perished on every side".  In the Book of Exodus (9:25) it is written:
"And the hail smote every herb of the field, and brake every tree of
the field".

The description of such a catastrophe is found in the Visuddhi-Magga, a
Buddhist text on the world cycles.  "When a world cycle is destroyed by
wind .. there arises  .. a wind.  First it raises a fine dust, then
coarse dust, then fine sand, then coarse sand, then grit, stones, up to
boulders as large as trees.  The Mexican Annals of Cuauhtitlan describe
how a cosmic catastrophe was accompanied by a hail of stones.