link to Home Page

Re: Zacharia Sitchin

Article: <6haeqf$stj@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Zacharia Sitchin
Date: 18 Apr 1998 14:54:07 GMT

In article <1998041805104900.BAA17538@ladder03.news.aol.com> Randomity
writes:
> Could someone please present me with a cogent argument either
> in support of or against the concept of a 12th planet with a 3,600
> year elliptical orbit.

The best argument is in the geological evidence that our Earth
presents, in 3,600 periods, approximately.  Velikovsky has collected
and presented many of these in his book Earth in Upheaval.  Where many
attack the messenger, throwing all Velikovsky's insights out when fault
can be found with anything he said, these scientific studies he quotes
were NOT done by him, and stand on their own merits.  For instance:

Earth in Upheaval, pp 51-54, Tidal Wave

Fissures in the rocks .. all over western Europe, are choked with bones
of animals, some of extinct races, others, though of the same age, of
races still surviving.  The bones .. are mostly broken and splintered
into innumerable sharp fragments and are evidently not those of animals
devoured by beasts of prey.  The Rock of Gibraltar is intersected by
numerous crevices filled with bones.  The bones are broken and
splintered.  The remains of panther, lynx, caffir-cat, hyena, wolf,
bear, rhinoceros, horse, wild boar, red deer, fallow deer, ibex, ox,
hare, rabbit, have been found in these ossiferous fissures.  On
Corsica, Sardinia, and Sicily the broken bones
 of animals choke the fissures in the rocks.

The state of preservation of the bones indicates that the animals, all
of them, perished in the same period of time.  No hardened animal feces
were found, indicating that the dead beasts had not lived in these
hollows or fissures.  No teeth marks of hyena or of any other animal
are found in the osseous mass.  The bones are those of animals of all
ages down to the fetus, nor do they show traces of weathering or
exposure.

The extremely fresh condition of the bones, proved by the retention of
so large a proportion of animal matter, shows that the event was,
geologically, comparatively recent.  The fact that animals of all ages
were involved in the catastrophe shows it to have been sudden.

[3] Prestwich, On Certain Phenomena Belonging to the Close of the Last
Geological Period and on Their Bearing upon the Tradition of the Flood
(London: Macmillan and Co., 1895), pp 25-26
[9] Marcel de Serres, Bulletin du Societe Geologique de France. 2
Serie, XV (1858)