On Mar 17, 2006 the Zetas predicted that Bush would attempt to declare Martial Law, but that this would be ignored or blocked by others in the federal government.
- Although this is in the hands of man and man has free will, and thus any predictions must be predicated on this, we predict that Bush will not publicly declare martial law in the US in order to dictate his ways, though may write executive orders to this effect which will be ignored by any but the tight cabal surrounding him.
- ZetaTalk: Iran Boondoggle, written Mar 17, 2006
- We have mentioned, in the Iran Boondoggle writeup, that we anticipated Bush to attempt to invade and attack Iran, with the military declining his orders, and we also anticipated Bush to attempt to declare Martial Law, with the agencies ignoring him. He has ordered an attack on Iran dozens of times over the past few months, and such orders were deflected and thus ineffectual. Martial law is another such order he has attempted to execute, writing numerous executive orders to facilitate this. One such occasion was after the Congress turned Democratic, a plan evidenced by his stubborn refusal to even acknowledge that he would have to compromise where before he just ruled. How is it that an agency can simply refuse to follow and order? Just that, the order is not enacted. If he thinks that putting a layer of yes men into place will change anything, he is mistaken. But then, this President has not been known for his acumen.
- ZetaTalk: GodlikeProduction Live, written Feb 3, 2007
On May 23, 2007 Bush signed an Executive Order granting himself dictatorial powers at his discretion. On Jun 26, 2007 a clear attempt by Bush to declare Martial Law by using the Emergency Notification Action network occurred. This was accompanied by an unusual notification to the US Military on the same day, Jun 26, 2007. On Jun 28, 2007, Bush gave a press conference and looked defeated and ragged. The Zetas stated this was a failed Martial Law attempt.
- Bush Makes Power Grab
May 23, 2007
- President Bush, without so much as issuing a press statement, on May 9 signed a directive that granted near dictatorial powers to the office of the president in the event of a national emergency declared by the president. The "National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive," with the dual designation of NSPD-51, as a National Security Presidential Directive, and HSPD-20, as a Homeland Security Presidential Directive, establishes under the office of president a new National Continuity Coordinator. That job, as the document describes, is to make plans for "National Essential Functions" of all federal, state, local, territorial, and tribal governments, as well as private sector organizations to continue functioning under the president's directives in the event of a national emergency.
- FEMA Hijacks Midwest Broadcast Signals with Mistaken Presidential Alert
June 26, 2007
- The federal government hijacked radio and TV transmissions in the Midwest yesterday [Jun 26] with test signals that triggered the sort of high-level emergency alert that is reserved for use by the president. The Quincy Herald says alerts were sent at 7:33 a.m., 7:49 a.m., 7:55 a.m. and 8:07 a.m. Radio listeners heard nothing but dead air. TV viewers saw a scrolling message that said: "The Emergency Action Notification Network has issued an emergency action notification for the United States, beginning at ..." FEMA tells the Associated Press that the mistake affected Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin and Michigan. "While the interrupted morning drive-time broadcasts proved the Illinois system worked, the fact that what's known as an Emergency Action Notification, or EAN - the highest level of EAS alert, indicating an emergency message is coming from the White House - could be relayed mistakenly to override stations was a bit of a jolt, sending engineers scrambling at the affected outlets throughout Illinois and in adjacent media markets such as St. Louis," the Chicago Tribune reports. "Compounding the error, an actual presidential code, minus any audio explanation, was sent rather than a lesser alert or a notification of a systems test of some kind." A FEMA spokeswoman tells the paper that this "unintentional disruption" occurred after a new piece of equipment in Springfield, Ill., picked up test signals that were being sent between Cleveland and Richmond, Va. WLS-TV expands on this explanation: "The federal emergency management agency is adapting satellites to handle emergency messages, and a government contractor Tuesday was testing it for Illinois, except he used active codes to send the message."
- US Ran Nuclear Weapons Exercises the Week Before Bush-Putin Summit
July 6, 2007
- International radio operators picked up large numbers of coded Air Force communications being sent around the world on June 26 that indicated some type of military activity was about to take place. The transmissions, which were 'extraordinary,' were related to US nuclear forces. A U.S. military official said the radio traffic was monitored from the Air Force Global High Frequency System (GHFS) that some observers regarded as 'extraordinary' because of the unprecedented length of messages. The messages appeared to be emergency action messages, coded communications sent by the Joint Chiefs of Staff to U.S. Air Force strategic nuclear forces.
- Have you Ever Seen Such a Sad-Sack President?
Jun 28, 2007
- He almost looks and sounds like someone has literally knocked the wind out of him.