Mail this Page to a Friend.
ZetaTalk: Magical Numbers
Note: written on Jul 15, 1996
Magic numbers have significance only in the minds of the humans who repeat them and revere or fear them.
- 666 is associated with evil, or the devil, or the anti-Christ, but in and of itself is meaningless. 666 is a memorable number, and thus was used as a type of
name to be associated with entities operating in the Service-to-Self orientation.
- 7 is not any more lucky than any other number, but is a number that seldom gets numerically caught up in the primitive accounting practices of man, and thus
seems more unique. 1 is constantly engaged, 2 is used in pairing, 3 is a tie-breaking group, 4 is a multiple of two, 5 reflects the digits on the hand, 6 is a
multiple of two, and then there is 7.
- 11:11 is a number combination that intrigues humans because of the numerical possibilities. It is a double pair, but also infers that the quad is composed of
individuals and that each pair can operate alone. 11 is also an uncommon number, not regularly used in primitive accounting practices, and thus could be
inferred to have magical properties when used.
Some numbers appear repeatedly in human math or human society because they entered the system for some logical or sentimental reason and the system has
grown around them until they became entrenched.
- 10 or any number that fits evenly into it such as 2 or 5 appear often due to the adoption of a 10 digital numbering system, logical as man most often has 10
- 12, the even dozen, has an ancient origin related to giving good measure, so that if a merchant parsed out 10 of something, he would give an additional item
per hand, for good measure or good will. If one of the items paid for proved to be faulty, the extra would make up for that.
- 360, or its derivative 36, appears in human math to describe a circle of 360 degrees, and not by accident. The decision to assign 360 degrees to a circle was
entirely arbitrary, as any number could have been used. 360 comes from the ancient Summerian word shar, as Sitchen has explained, due to the average
number of years it took the 12th Planet to make a circle. All else, such as the number 90 to represent a right angle, followed.
All rights reserved: ZetaTalk@ZetaTalk.com